Yesterday (9/4/12013) Kenya inaugurated its 4th President His Excellency Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta and His Deputy President His Excellency William Samoei Ruto.
I am proud to be Kenya, and I believe yesterday (9/4/2013) marked the dawn of a new day for my country Kenya.
We had a free, fair and peaceful election by all means contrary to what critics expected. As always there were aggrieved parties who had their day in court. However, this did not stop the country from celebrating the victory against cheap tribal and divisive politics. One could argue that the election left the country divided but I will quote our Deputy Presidents words ” … very soon you will not notice the difference between those who voted for the JUBILEE team and those who voted for CORD… ” I believe that the new leaders are a vibrant and forward thinking lot that will transform the country.
“Yes I Believe.”
The possibilities for Kenya are endless.
Kenya is an amazing country with a culture that is rich and diverse, beautiful landscapes and scenery as well as an abundance of wildlife.
I like the way Kenyans have come to appreciate the value of peace and stability . Long gone are the days when politicians called for mass action to solve political differences. It is now clear in our minds that no one should use our ethnic diversity to divide us.
I am proud of Kenyans for maintaining peace and saying no to politicians who play us like marionettes on a stage.
“Yes ! Lets keep ignoring the politicians and their incitement because at the end of the day everyone has their own goals, challenges and issues to deal with.”
We have come so far as a country and the road ahead is longer, our unity is paramount to our success. Kenya has been able to pick herself up from the ashes of 2007-8 and I believe the possibilities for Kenya’s success are endless and this is evident by the emergence of a crop of new Kenyans who are aware of the constitution are yearning for a change in Kenya.
I am calling out to every Kenyan to raise a glass, cup, mug or whatever you drinking high up and make a toast to a new Kenya a better Kenya.
I AM PROUD TO BE KENYAN.
The rules for the Liebster award are as follows
– Be nominated for the award by a fantastically brilliant wordsmith.
– Answer the 11 questions posed to you by said brilliant wordsmith.
– Ask 11 of your own questions to 11 other brilliant nominees of your choosing.
- What would you like to be acknowledged for? Honestly I would like to get acknowledged for trying to make the world a better place. Even though I take an environmental conservation angle I believe we have to take care of the resources we have for our kids and their kids.
- What three things does the world need most, right now?I think the world needs more love, perseverance and hope that its going to be ok.
- Who is someone in your life whom you feel doesn’t understand how much you love and appreciate them? What would you like to tell them? I think everyone in my life knows how much i love them 🙂
- Honesty is always the best policy, no matter what. True or false? Why? True because I think one way or another the truth does come out so I think honesty is the best policy even though it’s not always easy to say the truth.
- Name one woman and one man, people whom you have never met, with whom you would like to spend one day. What would you say/do/ask? My late grandfather, my dad’s dad. I never got the chance to meet him so i would probably like to just have a walk with him or get to know him a bit even though its impossible. in this lifetime
- What are three things on your bucket list? Deep sea diving with the sharks I love them , I would like to own classic car model preferably the 1967 Ford Mustang 🙂 I love classics, the third thing on my bucket list is travel the world to as many countries as possible I just have to see more of what’s out there ;).
- With whom might you like to trade places for a week? Mart Wright Outback wrangler. I like what he does .
- What is love? it’s seeing a reflection of yourself in others and wanting the best for the person you’re looking at.
- What is truth? Truth to me is honesty from the bottom of your heart.
- What does a world that works look like to you? A world where your effort determines how far you go and a world that has a lot of love, hope and perseverance for a better tomorrow.
- What is one habit you would like to kick? What stops you from kicking it? I sometimes over analyze situations I find myself in and I end up missing the point of the experience, i cant kick the habit because it helps me sometimes read though the lines or understand stuff better 🙂
My 11 questions are
- What makes you wake up every morning?
- What is the 1 thing you find amazing in you life?
- What is the impact of poaching on the world’s wildlife population?
- What is your favourite colour?
- When was the last time you took sometime off your busy day to give thanks you are alive?
- Where’s the most amazing place you have travelled to?
- What is your favourite animal, if any?
- What is the one meal you can never have enough of ?
- what is you favourite sport?
- What is the one movie you have watched so many times you know the script by heart?
- Where is Kenya?
And there are my 11 questions to my nominees